Live Model Query Settings
Live models appear in the Data page list of data models.
To set the query settings for live models:
- Click the three dots menu.
- From the menu, select Query Settings. The Query Settings pane appears.
- You can set the following:
- Result Limit - Determines the maximum number of results to include in the on-screen
Note that the Pivot widget has an additional query limit setting:
- If 'Pivot Query Limit' < 'Query Settings Result Limit', the Pivot Query Limit is applied.
If 'Pivot Query Limit' > 'Query Settings Result Limit', the Query Settings Result Limit is applied.
- Query Timeout (Seconds) - The query processing duration until the data source begins to returns results. If exceeded, the query will be automatically timed out.
- Automatic Refresh - Determines whether the results are automatically refreshed. Enabling automatic refresh allows dashboards to be refreshed in the background at the rate determines by the Refresh Rate setting.
- Refresh Rate (Seconds) - The duration after which the query refreshes the results. The minimum refresh rate is 2 seconds.
- Result Limit - Determines the maximum number of results to include in the on-screen presentations.
The table below lists the number of rows returned per operation for live models.
|Operation||Limit Default Value||User Modifiable||Set in Query Settings||Notes|
|Preview (data model)||3,000||no||no||A preview of the raw data without calculations.|
|Present chart widgets||5,000||yes
||yes||This is set in System Management > Configuration > 5 clicks on the Sisense logo > Base Configuration > WidgetQueryLimit.|
|Present pivot||5,000||yes||no||This is set in System Configuration > Pivot Table (Pivot Query LIMIT). The limit is the lower of the query result setting and the Pivot Query LIMIT setting.|
|Export to CSV||5,000||yes||no||
This is set in System Configuration > Query (LimitOfDownloadRowsForLive). When set to 0 (default), the limit is according to the query limit's setting. Admin can set up to 2B rows.
Big CSV files can take a lot of time to export. There is no export progress indication to the user.