Configuring Sisense for the Mapbox Upgrade
Sisense upgraded the Scatter Map widgets so that they are faster, updated daily, and are more detailed than ever
before. Old Scatter Map versions will not display properly after December 15, 2020.
To ensure that Scatter Map widgets continue to work after December 15, 2020, you can make a configuration change to your current system. The configuration changes can be made to any of the following Sisense versions:
- Linux 8.2.x
- Linux 8.0.x
- Windows 8.2.x
- Windows 8.1.x
- Windows 8.0.x
- Windows 7.4.x
For any other version of Sisense , contact your Sisense Customer Service Manager for assistance.
If you have a Sisense Managed Cloud deployment, you do not need to perform this configuration change. Sisense will do it for you.
This document contains the following topics:
Upgrading Using the Sisense Web Application
To upgrade to the latest version of Mapbox from the Sisense web application:
- Navigate to the Sisense configuration page:
- Admin tab > search for and select System Management > click
- Admin tab > search for and select System Management > click Configuration.
- Click five times on the Sisense logo.
The Advanced Configuration page appears.
- On the menu, click Base Configuration .
- Scroll down to the Geo section and click it to open it.
- Change the geo.maps_api_provider parameter setting to:
- On the top-right of the page, click Save Base .
Verifying the Configuration Change
When you have made the configuration change, verify that it works correctly:
- Clear your browser's cache.
- Create a new Scatter Map widget with your data.You will need at least one dimension that uses the locations field.
- Check if the background of the Scatter Map widget renders properly and that you can see the map.
- Check that the map style now looks similar to this: